Friday, November 23, 2012

Boutari Naoussa 2008



This is the first bottle that came from the actual list. We opened it while Peter was cooking dinner, and had a few sips then, a few sips during dinner, and finished the glass an hour later.

I thought it smelled like wine cork, the smell of wine corks I remember from my childhood. So I guess it smelt like red wine. The first sip was rough, made my tongue furry, and dried out my mouth. Lots of flavour left after I swallowed it.

It didn't particularly compliment the breaded pork chops and cheese sauce-smothered vegetables, but it wasn't horrible with them. A stronger cheese might be nicer with it.

I enjoyed it much more a little later when I finished it after dinner, especially the lingering taste.

Also, it might be worth noting that I fell asleep during dinner. May or may not be related to wine consumption.

Peter's take: Peter liked it from the first sip, said it was dry, rough, and light. Liked it less and less with each sip, and finally asked if there was a word for 'sucks all the moisture out of your mouth and makes you pucker like a chicken's arse.' Decided it wasn't that great after all.

Boutari Naoussa
Xinomavro
2008
Greece
BC Liquor Stores
$15.99
Over all: Don't buy again

No comments:

Post a Comment