Saturday, November 24, 2012

Deer Whaz

So I got cocky. "I am not so terrible at this wine drinking thing. And I have a shelf full of wine. So let us have friends for dinner!"

Luckily these friends are splendid enough to not mind being invited for Indian takeaway (again) and arriving to find the flat a disaster, Liam shouting at them down the hallway, and me sporting pool hair and a toilet brush. Because floors and cooking be damned, my toilets will be clean enough to eat from!

We tasted three bottles - we didn't finish them, and although we did discuss spitting the wine out as is apparently the custom, my floors aren't dirty enough to merit such nasty treatment. Also, it is important to try and impress the three year old with grown-up manners at all times.

The dinner was lovely, (Hi, Indian Oven,) and the friends brought fancy and tasty desserts. The conversation was easy, amusing, and did indeed cover the topic of deer whaz.

Luckily I took notes about the wines.


No comments:

Post a Comment